Hampshire Hospitals NHS Trust
Nominator: Hasnaa Ismail Koch
Seconder: Ellie Sproson
I feel that I can offer BAPO Council 15 years of consultant experience working at a DGH (Hampshire Hospital Foundation Trust) networked with a regional Centre (University Hospitals Southampton). This has put me in the unique position of seeing paediatric ENT from a secondary and tertiary point of view. I passionately believe that they have a lot to learn from each other to ensure that children receive care in the right place, by the right person, at the right time.
My experience comes from many roles including:
- Chair of the Wessex and Thames Valley Paediatric ENT ODN currently focusing on children’s elective pathways
- Chair of Paediatric Surgery at HHFT – looking at the future of all DGH paediatric surgery
- Co-contributor ‘Safe Delivery of Paediatric ENT Surgery in the UK’ Strategy document
- “Make the Airway Safe” faculty – managing regional paediatric airway emergencies.
- Associate Medical Director leading development of a regional elective surgical hub
- Clinical Lead for a Tier 2 ENT service network in Hampshire
- Contributor to National Paediatric Infection Pathways
Being a mum of three children including a child with special needs has also given me invaluable insight into the patient perspective of the care that we give.